Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The First Day of School

Welcome Back Cardin Community! This new school year, like all that I can remember, is filled with fresh clean notebooks, confusing locker combinations, and of course, excitement. Our first day started with a school-wide gathering in Minyan and ended with a school-wide gathering that included ice cream sundaes, laughter, and reflection. I imagine our freshmen parents dropped their kids off feeling a mixture of emotions – enthusiasm for what’s to come, and sadness for the loss of their “little ones”. I know a lot about this blend of feelings first-hand since I brought my youngest child to school for her first day of kindergarten today. I’m sure we also share a comfortable feeling of relief knowing that our children are in really capable hands.



Jackie Villet
School Counselor


Rabbi Chaitovsky blows
the shofar for Elul.

A wave hello from the Cardin community.
Ruach!!
Miles Greenspoon, Shira Glushakow-Smith,
Leah Prince, and Adina Golub are happy to see each
other after the summer break.
Adina Shanholtz, Yeri Robinson, Ze'ev Beleck and Joey Danick
pose for the camera.
Deena Lucas and Dora Safanova

No comments:

Post a Comment