Friday, September 3, 2010

As Time Goes By

May it be Your will, Lord Our God and God of our ancestors, to renew this year for us with sweetness and happiness.

In a bit of coincidence, two students who asked me to write college recommendations, mentioned that I had known them from birth. This means that I have been around here for a pretty long time and it has got me feeling a little nostalgic. So, this year, as I dip my apple slices in honey, I will think of:

~Young students of mine who have fallen in love and asked me to officiate at their weddings
~Students who I once advised, advising me
~Families gaining generations before my eyes
~Cardin graduates who keep in touch
~The constant evolution of my understanding of Torah and Judaism
~Hiring my mentor, Rabbi Zaiman, who once hired me, and seeing his students thrive in his classes.
~Apples dipped in honey every year!

~Rabbi Stuart Seltzer
Dean of Judaic Studies

No comments:

Post a Comment