Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In Times of Crisis

Following the accident that involved Nathan Krasnopoler, an ’09 alum, I’ve been thinking a lot about how precious life is. I’ve been so worried about him and hoping for healing and recovery but also concerned about the unexpected events that life throws at us. I’ve been feeling vulnerable, worrying about the idea that such a devastating event could happen to one of my kids, putting myself in Nathan’s parents’ shoes. My heart goes out to them and they are constantly on my mind. The fact that they are handling this tragedy with such bravery and strength is comforting to me. They are masterfully towing the line between being hopeful and realistic.

I’ve also felt comforted by the outpouring of support from the Cardin community, including students, faculty, and all of our families. It’s crises like these that illuminate the care, compassion, and kindness that we share and for me, that helps ease my mind, if even for just the smallest way.

~Jackie Villet
School Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment