Monday, January 3, 2011

Enjoying Winter Break

Winter break is just that- a time for a break. It allows students, faculty and families a time to recharge, reflect, spend time with family, take trips and gear up for the rest of the school year. I know that I needed those 10 days to NOT get up at 5:30 (I was successful 30% of the time!), NOT put on my “school clothes” and NOT have meetings every evening. I also used the time to clean out closets, drawers and cabinets, finish a crafts project that I started this past summer, visit some museums with my son, and catch up on some book and anime series.

An example of how the Cardin students see each other as family is illustrated by how often they made plans to see one other. It began on the Thursday prior to break when I overheard students planning lunches, movies and sleepovers. Throughout break they got together in pairs and groups to see one other. Only at Cardin? Probably not. But, when potential families and students perceive the size of Cardin as a negative, this is a shining example of how it is not!
Happy 2011!

~Barbie Prince
Head of School

No comments:

Post a Comment