Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cardin Development projects

I have been an educator for forty years, holding positions that range from classroom teacher to Head of School. I have never considered my various assignments to be anything but challenging, significant, pleasurable and truly rewarding. Recently, in my role as Director of Development and Marketing, I am beginning to sense some other adjectives that describe the work that I do. Salesperson, diplomat, manager, fundraiser, organizer, event planner, strategist... Somehow these do not have the same nurturing ring as “teacher”. Nonetheless, the goal in this work is enriching the educational possibilities for our students. Different labels, different goals, different pressures, but still enjoyable and even fun! Interaction with the community and all of our constituent groups is inspiring and the shared commitment to Cardin’s future is inspiring. Thanks to you all for that encouragement. Now I am off to sell fruit, raffles, and tickets to My Fair Lady and the Elvis is Everywhere event in February. Oh… Don’t forget to Dine Out for Cardin at Accents or Cocoaccinos on February 2.

Marjorie R. Hoffman
Director of Development and Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment