Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cardinal Spirit



I am writing this just after coming out of the first Student Government Association meeting of the year, and I can’t stop smiling. Even though we’re just laying the groundwork, I can tell that this year is going to be exceptional. We have a team of motivated, fantastic students who are determined to see the student morale increase exponentially throughout the year.
Like every school, student morale fluctuates at Cardin every year. While this aspect is not unique to Cardin, the small, family-like atmosphere magnifies this morale – for the better or for the worse. I have found, throughout my years as a student (all three of them), that the morale is directly attributed to the energy that the Student Government and similar organizations bring to the environment. When I was elected President in the spring of last year, I made it my top priority to provide Cardin students with a sense of enthusiasm and love for their school. Not just any school, but THEIR school.
We, the Shoshana S. Cardin School student body, are the Cardinals. It’s time to show Baltimore how much we love and care for our school; it’s time to create an energetic, vibrant atmosphere where we students can thrive; it’s time to embrace that Cardinal spirit and let our morale – excuse the pun – soar.

Miles Greenspoon ‘13
Student Government Association President

No comments:

Post a Comment